"Mild" Jerk Seasoning (Rub / Paste)...
we have tempered the Scotch Bonnet peppers in our Traditional HOT & SPICY Jerk formula to allow for a gentle spicy kiss while maintaining the true Jamaican Jerk Seasoning taste.
- 10oz / 280g
- 1 Gallon / 9.25lb / 4.2kg
- 5 Gallon / 50lb / 23kg
- Try this Mild Jerk as a great introduction to Jamaican cuisine, designed for those who have always wanted to try us but were afraid of the heat level.
“ I am a huge fan of the jerk seasoning. It seemed like the older I got, I had to monitor my habit of spicy foods. And now that you have the Mild I tried it, love it, and THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I\'m not loosing any of the flavor.”
SUNDAY ROAST CHICKEN & GRAVY
- 1 Whole Chicken – washed
- 2oz WALKERSWOOD “MILD” JERK SEASONING
- 1 tbs Coconut Oil (substitute w/ Olive Oil)
- 1 tbs Counter Flour
- 1 whole Onion – sliced
- 1 sprig Fresh Thyme
- 1 garlic Clove – minced
- 2 cups Chicken Stock or Water
- Rub Jerk Seasoning + oil into the chicken and allow to marinate – overnight for best results.
- Bake chicken in oven for 45 minutes to an hour @ 375° until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the roasting pan and allow to rest while we move on to the gravy.
- Place the Roasting pan on the stove, and warm on medium heat, Add the flour and stir until you have cooked the flour, once well combined add the chicken stock while stirring constantly, once you have everything blended, add the onion, garlic and thyme and allow Gravy to reduce until a nice rich consistency is achieved.
- Carve chicken, and serve with Traditional Jamaican Rice & Peas.
scallions, scotch bonnet peppers, black pepper, salt, onion, all spice, nutmeg, cane sugar, citric acid, thyme leaves.
SERVING SIZE: 1 tbsp / 17g / 0.6oz
SERVINGS PER: 16
AMOUNTS PER SERVING
CALORIES FROM FAT: 0
TOTAL FAT: 0G (0% DV)
CHOLESTEROL: 0G (0% DV)
SODIUM: 210mg (9% DV)
TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE: 2G (1% DV)
VITAMIN A: (4% DV)
VITAMIN C: (10% DV)
CALCIUM: (0% DV)
PERCENTAGE DAILY VALUES (DV) ARE BASED ON A 2000 CALORIE DIET